- This event has passed.
Tech Comm Career Paths Presentations – FTC/STC Annual Meeting
February 20 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EST
Future Technical Communicators (FTC) at UCF and the Florida Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) will be hosting a mini-conference on technical communication career paths on Thursday, February 20 in the UCF Student Union Cedar Key, Room 223 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. The meeting will be a series of consecutive mini-presentations on the diverse career paths available within the technical communication field.
We welcome attendees in person at UCF and online through Google Meet. Admission to the event is free, and refreshments will be served during the pre-meeting networking time.
Welcome and Networking: 7:00pm
We are thrilled to welcome our presenters who will be sharing their career experience:
- Kelley MacEwen* – Sr. Information Developer at Appian
- Melissa Rios* – Integrated Product Support Manager at L3 Harris Technologies
- Delroy Thompson* – User Assistance Designer at SumTotal Systems
- Gail Hart – Marketing Communications Manager at Comprehensive Health Services
- Tyler Dick, Madeline Park, Cindy Skawinski – Technical Communicators at Universal
We suggest that you pay to park in Garage I and walk to the Student Union. Take the elevator to the second floor and then walk to Cedar Key, Room 223. After 5:30, parking permits are $3 at pay stations (cash, no change given, or credit card).