The Florida Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication has many volunteer opportunities, and we would like you to get involved! We want to invite all members to share their knowledge and skills by joining the Administrative Council, serving on a committee, or taking on a project. We encourage you to deepen your engagement with STC and your peers. As we have grown to welcome members across the state of Florida, we have the opportunity to invite volunteers to participate online as well as in person.
We are looking for talented, engaged technical communicators to serve as:
- Administrative Council Members
- Committee Chairs
- Committee Members
- General Volunteers
Serving as a volunteer for the Florida Chapter isn’t just giving back to the profession and your colleagues. Our volunteers find the experience enriching as a great way to contribute to an organization that exists to help all of us. It is a great way to network and influence decisions. We design our chapter’s programming to appeal to all members, and stepping up is a great opportunity to make sure that your voice is heard. Our volunteers:
- Explore and improve career interests
- Build their resumés and network
- Develop skills, knowledge and experience
- Tackle interesting challenges
- Find personal fulfillment
- Receive recognition for their achievements
We value your talents and time, understanding that there is much to be done. We will be glad to work around your schedule to the fullest possible extent. If you want to volunteer but are not sure where your talents are best suited, our committees need a broad mix of people with various personal and professional backgrounds. And, if you need training, we will provide it.
Our chapter has many volunteering opportunities for you to explore. Some of the volunteering positions we have are listed below, committee members, writers, and general volunteers.
By joining a committee, you can help us:
- Chapter History – keep track of our chapter’s history
- Communications – communicate with our members through our emails and Memo to Members
- Employment – connect our members with jobs
- Recognitions* – recognize our amazing members for their contributions
- Membership* – bring in new members and connect with our current members
- Website – share content on our chapter website
*These committees could especially use your help!
If you are interested in volunteering, send us an email, and tell us you’d like to help out.