- President: Alex Garcia
- Vice President: David Coe
- Secretary: Crystal Brezina
- Treasurer: Bethany Aguad
- Immediate Past President: Debra Johnson
- Director: David Coverston
- Director: Karen Lane
- Chapter Historian: Mike Murray
About the Chapter
The Florida Chapter was formed in 1977 and is dedicated to serving the needs of technical communicators in Central Florida and beyond. The Florida Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication has a long history of distinction within the society. View our brochure to discover more about the STC and the Florida Chapter: STC Orlando Brochure. It accomplishes this by providing its members with:
- An outlet for networking, fellowship, and sharing of information among like-minded technical communicators.
- Recognition as a member of an active, community-minded professional association.
- Information regarding technical communication employment opportunities in the central Florida area.
- Professional leadership opportunities.
We are proud of our close ties to the University of Central Florida, which have fostered student-to-professional transitions and enabled our members and visitors to benefit from knowledge in both the theory and practice arenas. You can read more about those initiatives on our Education page.
Whether you are new to the industry or feel it’s important to give back to your profession in the form of service, mentoring, and volunteerism, we welcome you to our chapter! To learn about our upcoming meetings, visit our Meetings page. If you want to know more about joining the Society for Technical Communication, visit the Membership page.
If you want more information on the inner workings of the chapter, take a look at our Chapter Bylaws.
Want to get in touch with us? Send us email, engage with us on social media, or join our mailing list!