The Future Technical Communicators (FTC) at UCF and the Florida Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) will be hosting a mini-conference on technical communication career paths next Thursday, February 7 in the UCF Student Union 316CD from 6:30-8:30 p.m. RSVP now to join us! Admission to the event is free, and refreshments will be served during the pre-meeting networking time.
The mini-conference is aimed at sharing information on technical communication career paths to all attendees, novices and experts alike, as well as enabling students and other professionals to network with others in the field.
The meeting will be a series of consecutive mini-presentations on the diverse career paths available within the technical communication field:
- Alex Garcia: Instructional Design
- Rachel Eichen: Technical Trainer
- Michael Todd: User Assistance Designer
- Debra Johnson: Content Strategist
- Angela Trenkle: Technical Writer in the Bioresearch Industry
- Bethany Aguad: Technical Publications Coordinator
- W.C. Wiese: Navigating Your Career
In essence, the progression becomes a mini-conference on technical communication career paths. Indeed, several of the speakers have presented on their topics at the STC international conference.
This mini-conference would not be possible without the help of Professor J.D. Applen and FTC president Andy Romero, who have worked hard to coordinate the event and meeting space at UCF.