Alexandra Engrand currently works as a Journeyman Technical Writer at JHT Inc. Alexandra graduated from UCF in 2017 with a B.A. in Writing and Rhetoric and a minor in Technical Communication. Since completing her degree, she has gained experience in various forms of writing and editing, including proofreading, articles, and, most recently, technical documentation, including XML coding. Alexandra previously served as the Nominating Committee Chair for the Orlando, FL chapter of STC.
STC has opened its 2020 membership season! Students can join or renew 2020 student membership today keep for free access to networking communities.
Your student membership also includes great benefits, such as:
- Free e-subscriptions to Intercom magazine and the Technical Communication journal.
- Access to STC‘s Job Bank, where you can search for jobs, post your résumé, and take advantage of career resources.
- Discounted rate for the Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC) certification program.
- Discounts on online courses, live webinars, and STC’s 2020 annual Technical Communication Summit & Expo, 15-18 May 2020 in Bellevue, WA.
- A free copy of STC’s Education Report Card, which displays all professional education courses you have taken with STC within the past three years.
- A free copy of STC’s newest Salary Database, which is a valuable tool to assist you in job searches and salary negotiations.
- Corporate discounts on software, products, and services through our Member Perks program.
The Florida Chapter of STC is gathering gift card donations for Harbor House of Central Florida. This donation helps Harbor House ensure that children and their parents experience a sense of belonging, hope, and empowerment.
Harbor House works all year long to ensure an empowering atmosphere for the families they serve. We need your help to help them create a festive and safe holiday season.
We are asking you to donate gift cards in any amount you choose for this worthy organization. We recommend donating grocery cards such as Publix, Walmart, Whole Foods, Winn Dixie, etc. It can be in any amount. Please bring your donations our next chapter meeting on November 21 or to our holiday social on December 12.
If you would like to mail your donation, please send to our PO Box by December 7:
STC Florida Chapter
Post Office Box 540444
Orlando, FL 32804-0444
Our long-time chapter leader Mike Murray has been the inspiration for a brand-new graduate scholarship at UCF, which was announced this month. It has been his dream to Make a Difference in the lives of people who live with disabilities and other health challenges, and it is his hope that this scholarship will support students whose careers will place them on the front lines in patient care and the development of best practices.
The scholarship fund is accepting contributions, for those who wish to support this worthy endeavor and honor our friend and colleague Mike in the process. Read the full story in our October/November Memo to Members newsletter.