We invite you to participate in a census of technical and professional communicators, conducted by researchers from Concordia University in Montreal, in partnership with the Society for Technical Communication (STC) and sponsored by WebWorks.
This census specifically explores:
- Your educational and professional backgrounds.
- Your current jobs, including job titles, characteristics of the organizations in which you work, reporting relationships, types of work projects, and tools and processes used in your work.
- Your professional development.
- Your satisfaction with careers in technical communication and current positions.
- Your opinions and concerns about the future state of technical communication.
- Your career plans for the next five years.
The questions take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
As an incentive to complete the census in full, you will be provided the opportunity to be entered in a drawing for one of 120 $10 Amazon gift cards when you answer the last question. The gift cards are being provided courtesy of WebWorks, proud sponsor of the study. Although we will request information about you to send the gift card, your identifying information will be kept separately from your survey responses, ensuring that you remain anonymous.
The results of this study will be published in Intercom, the official magazine of STC. More in-depth analyses will be published in academic journals, and might also be presented at future events sponsored by STC and other organizations.
The survey will remain open through Monday, 20 August 2018.
Participate in a Census of Technical Communicators